Bartholin Cyst Causes, Treatments and More
- 1. 'Bartholin's Gland Cyst: Causes & Treatment,' Familydoctor.org Staff. https://familydoctor.org/condition/bartholins-gland-cyst/
- 2. 'Bartholin's Cyst,' https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bartholin-cyst/symptoms-causes/syc-20369976.
- 3. 'Bartholin's Cyst,' https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bartholins-cyst/
- 4. 'Bartholin Gland Cyst,' https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/tw2685
- 5. Omole, Folashade; Simmons, Barbara; Hacker,Yolanda. 'Management Of Bartholin's Duct Cyst and Gland Abscess,' American Family Physician, https://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0701/p135.html
2. Complications of Bartholin's Cysts
Bartholin's cysts are not life-threatening conditions and can usually be treated quite easily. However, in some cases, they may recur and require further treatment that can eventually require surgical intervention via different procedures.
Furthermore, a cyst that has turned into an abscess can become severely infected and cause fever symptoms and increasing pain if not cut open, drained and forced to remain open with a catheter until no more liquid remains. Antibiotics are usually also prescribed during this process.4‘Bartholin Gland Cyst,’ https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/tw2685,5Omole, Folashade; Simmons, Barbara; Hacker,Yolanda. ‘Management Of Bartholin’s Duct Cyst and Gland Abscess,’ American Family Physician, https://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0701/p135.html